3B-the fibreglass company is a leading developer and supplier of glass fibre products for the reinforcement of thermoplastic and thermoset polymers. Our products are designed and optimised to serve the automotive industry, the wind industry and to be incorporated in performance composites.
The company operates 100 percent boron-free glass fibre manufacturing platforms with E-CR glass and high performance glass formulations (HiPer-tex®). 3B’s glass fibre products include: dry used chopped strand, wet used chopped strand, direct roving, choppable roving, continuous filament mat (CFM), chopped strand mat (CSM). Serving the automotive market, we are constantly looking for new ways to contribute to lightening parts, reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. 3B operates 3 state-of-the art manufacturing facilities (Belgium, Norway and India), and our dedicated R&D centre is located in Belgium. 3B is a member of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
With more than 30 years of presence in the automotive industry, 3B develops high performing glass fibres that push the limit of glass reinforced composites with regard to:
– mechanical properties
– long-term performances
– resistance to automotive fluids and high temperatures in engines.
3B’s innovative and cost-effective glass fibres are specifically tailored to reinforce thermoplastic and thermoset resins, in particular or thermal and phonic insulation applications:
Short fibres: 3B’s chopped strand portfolio enables compounding of most types of polymeric resins, including standard used polymers such as PP, PA and PBT. New generation chopped strand products are also tailored for high-performance PPA and PPS.
Long fibres: 3B’s direct rovings are developed and are in use for Long Fibre Thermoplastic (LFT) applications (injection, compression), tapes, high-pressure cylinders (3B’s high-performance HiPer-tex® fibre is compatible with epoxy and well-suited for lightweight CNG cylinders made by filament winding), suspension springs (used in RTM or prepreg processes for lightweight suspension systems made of glass composites, such as leafsprings), muffler systems (thermal and phonic insulation), etc.
Thermoplastic glass-reinforced tapes for structural automotive parts e.g. battery casings of Battery Electrical Vehicles
– Low-weight glass-reinforced thermoset leafsprings
– Lightweight glass-reinforced thermoset high pressure vessels, such as automotive Compressed Natural Gas cylinders
– Lightweight thermoplastic glass-reinforced injection moulded automotive front ends
For more information about 3b-fibreglass in the automotive industry, please click here
– Partnership for the development of structural parts requiring high-performance reinforcements (thermoplastic and thermoset).
– Research partners with specific expertise regarding lightweight high-performance interior thermoplastic parts and/or high-performance thermoset structural parts