Polyscope is the global leader in research, product development, production and supply of styrene maleic anhydride (SMA) copolymers, compounds, aqueous solutions and styrene, maleic anhydride and N-phenylmaleimide (SMANPMI) terpolymers.
Polyscope offers a full spectrum of SMA and SMANPMI copolymers and compounds for engineering plastic and specialty chemical applications under the trade names XIRAN® and XIBOND™. The XIRAN® resins and XIBOND™ blend optimizers have a very broad molar mass range and a broad maleic anhydride variation. For engineering plastics the SMA/ABS based compounds have varying impact modification levels and glass fiber content. For specialty chemical applications Polyscope offers low molecular weight XIRAN® base resins and solutions that are chemically modified to meet customer needs.
Polyscope has the broadest portfolio of styrene maleic anhydride (SMA) copolymers, also known as poly(styrene co maleic anhydride), compounds and aqueous solutions. In addition to this, Polyscope supplies styrene maleic anhydride and N-phenylmaleimide (SMANPMI) terpolymers.
XIRAN® resins have Mw from 5,000-250,000 g/mol with a varying maleic anhydride content from 8 to 42%.
XIRAN® compounds are modified SMA copolymers and can be glass filled, modified or optimized for sheet extrusion.
XIRAN® solutions have low viscosity with low residual volatiles.
XILOYTM compounds: New developments:
- PP/SMA as a low warping alternative to semi cristallin polymers
- SMI/PA as substitution material for high cost PA6.6 materials
- SMA/PMMA for industry and medical applications
XIBOND™ blend optimizers are additives which offer solutions in optimal blend morphology.
Roller Blind Guide Rails
Assembly Line Reductions
- Plug-in Unit Now Robotically Installed in 1 Step (Eliminating 2 Previous Assembly Steps plus an Operator)
- ≈13-mm Z-Axis Stack Reduction Means More Headroom for Assembly Workers
Time & Costs
- Total System Cost Reduction = 20%
- Quality Improved, which Should Lower Warranty Costs
End of Life
- SMA/ABS Composite is Fully Recyclable
- Versus Aluminum, Initial Use & Recycling use Less Energy
Metal replacement (SMA for Al)
Lower cost (due to fewer assembly steps)
- More Headspace for Tall Occupants
- NVH is Lowered for Quieter
- More Pleasant Sunroof Operation
- Grease is Eliminated
Now in series production @ Renault
System has won SPE & JEC Award
Polyscope, Webasto, Groupe Renault
To know more about Xiran Compounds, please Click here
To know more about Polyscope's Automotive Market, please Click here
To know more about Polyscope News, please Click here
Developments where SMA and/or SMI compounds and/or additives brings value to the system, that is:
- Outstanding low warpage
- Surface adhesion to PU foams and glue- systems and metal (back- injection)
- Less moisture sensitivity
- High dimensional stability
- Ready to use for metal replacement
6161 CZ Geleen